Family Reserve: Our 'Family Reserve' line has been declared 'one of the world's best
olive oils'. It's complex, aromatic profile will turn even the simplest of foods into a
Health Benefits of TRUE Extra Virgin Olive Oil are part of the PJ KABOS story
PJ KABOS was founded by James Panagiotopoulos (PJ). James’ personal olive groves are trees lovingly planted
by his father and grandparents over half a century ago. These and neighboring olive groves in the surrounding
area of the historic, Ancient Olympia, Greece, produce the precious olive nectar of PJ KABOS. James'
grandmother, Mrs. Maria Panagiotopoulou, lived to the age of 103 and is perhaps one of the best indicators for
longevity for the health benefits of the Mediterranean diet. Our Extra Virgin Olive Oil was a big part of her
Mediterranean diet, as her family of six consumed upward of 400 Liters per year!
- Awarded a GOLD Medal at the 2020 Los Angeles Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition!
- Very low acidity of 0.17% (during production) and boosts a very high smoke point of 202°C!
- Hand Harvested between November 7th and December 7th, 2019
- Best Before 12/2021 (Although we have the option to indicate a much longer date, we choose the two year mark
from the time of production to ensure the best possible experience for you)
- Tasting intensity: Delicate to Medium (Low bitterness levels for a premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil. This is a rare
- Tasting characteristics: Aromas of green fruit, green grass and notes of fresh herbs. Taste exhibits abundant
fruitiness, delicate to medium bitterness and pungency, with notes of tomato leaf and spices; a high persistence
- Monovarietal, produced from the Greek Koroneiki olive variety
- Cold-Extracted without the use of chemicals - totally UNREFINED
- BPA-FREE | NON-GMO
- NO ADDITIVES | NO PRESERVATIVES
- NO PESTICIDES RESIDUE
- RICH IN ANTIOXIDANTS
- Our Family Reserve labels are all about the personal touch. Our Family Reserve production and customer
experience is personally supervised by PJ KABOS founder, James Panagiotopoulos
PJ KABOS, more than just a brand...
Through your purchase you get the premium product you deserve but also help us support the environment,
local harvest workers and family producers.
Supporting our local community and to have it grow alongside us, is part of our mission. This is fully expressed
by the production process of this, our Family Reserve label:
- Keeping in mind that we are stewards of the earth, although the ever-increasing global trend is to use heavy
machinery to harvest the all-valuable olive fruit, our Family Reserve label is committed to supporting the traditional
method of hand harvesting although the ancient technique does have the decided disadvantage of being more
costly. But by doing so we are strongly supporting the local workforce and environment, two very important
points in our brand's philosophy.
- Sales from our Family Reserve label helps to cover the annual harvesting costs for select local producers who
can now see their precious family olive trees regaining past glory and providing for them as they once
did generations before.
This product is produced entirely from the Greek Koroneiki olive variety (Monovarietal). A unique advantage of
PJ KABOS Family Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil, is that it pairs perfectly with almost every food. Furthermore,
it is exceptionally special to taste on its own, or poured directly over salads and for use in dressings.
Can I cook at high heat with PJ KABOS Family Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil?
Yes, and in-fact it is best to cook with a high quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil because it is exactly this high quality
that protects the oil and food from degradation due to high heat cooking! Because of our product's premium
quality (high in monounsaturated fatty acids, antioxidants and with very low acidity, among its many virtues) it boosts
a very high smoke point of 202°C (which is one of the highest smoke-points for an unrefined oil), and is
perfect for most high temperature cooking needs, including:
The premium quality of our product is ensured by the care we take every single step of the way. From caring for the trees right up until bottling of the olive oil and its journey to your doorstep.
The all precious olives are transported from the field to the mill in small, re-usable, perforated crates. This way, the olives arrive in the same condition as they were when harvested from the tree.
We do not offer, retail, our premium labels in containers larger than 16.9floz
But why not?
Here are the most important reasons:
- Quality: Once a larger container is opened it takes
longer before the contents are fully consumed and so
the quality greatly deteriorates due to oxidation from the
container being opened (Extra Virgin Olive Oil's biggest
enemies that affect shelf-life are heat, oxygen and light).
This is why it is best to purchase Extra Virgin Olive Oil in
small containers that also protect the content from light
(tins or painted/dark bottles).
- Transportation durability: Small containers are more
durable during transportation.
- Ease of storage: It is a whole lot easier to store a smaller
container in a cupboard than a large one.
- Ease of use: It is a whole lot easier to handle a smaller container, especially while cooking. Have you ever tried pouring olive oil on a salad from a 1 gallon container? :)
- Gift idea: By having many smaller containers instead of 1 large, one always has great gifts on-hand to give away at any time and can even share with family & friends (maybe after that successful dinner-party)!
- The best solution for larger quantity needs? Multi-packs! These offer the best of both worlds, unbeatable quality and great value for money.
|Label name||'Family Reserve'|
|Container Size||0,5 Liters|
|Participation in our Social Responsibility Program||Yes|
|Awarded at an International Competition||Gold Award at the Los Angeles International Olive Oil Competition (March 2020)|
|Production supervision by PJ KABOS founder||Yes|
|Harvest technique||Hand-harvested (Ancient technique)|
|Cooking style||Sauteing / Deep-Frying / Baking / Grilling / Raw on salads|
|Food||Pairs perfectly with most foods. Exceptionally special to try on its own or poured directly over salads and for use in dressings.|
|In conclusion||Our 'Family Reserve' line has been declared 'one of the world's best olive oils'. It's complex, aromatic profile will turn even the simplest of foods into a gourmet experience. Try it with friends on its own, as if you are professional tasters at a competition or drizzle it over a salad which will soak-up its fresh green aromas and will remain unforgettable. Using it at high temperatures will not trouble it to the slightest, on the contrary, it has been proven that the higher the quality of the olive oil the better it performs at the limit, so, if you can handle it, go ahead, raise the temperature and enjoy the delicious results. Used globally in hotels and restaurants of world-renowned Chef, Nobu Matsuhisa.|